Friday, September 27, 2013

It's Been a While!

I talked to my Dad last night and he mentioned that it's been a while since the last blog post.  So I felt a bit guilty and thought I would do a catch up.  Here's what's been happening:

  • Wouldn't you know it like clockwork, three weeks into school and Emily is fighting a cold.  I'm pretty proud of her (although she didn't want to go to school) she has been a trouper this week.
  • Chris had a guys weekend with Bob and Jeff.  They headed to Suncadia where they rented a house for the weekend.  Golfing, lots of Village City pizza and good times.
  • Emily is so excited for Halloween!  While Chris was gone last weekend we decorated for Halloween.  I know a bit early but Emily's enthusiasm was contagious.
  • Emily started up Girls Scouts again.  They meet on Tuesdays and last week worked toward earning a camping badge.  Be prepared in January to get hit up for Girl Scout cookie sales!
  • We had curriculum night last week at Emily's school.  I love her teacher, Mrs. Coyle.  So far all is going well.  Emily still is not a big fan of reading but that's not the end of the world.  She does love music, art, science and math.
  • On a bummer note, we were scheduled to go camping this weekend with the hood but due to the weather forecast we cancelled.  It might be a good weekend to take in a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment